Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Legacy.

Redirected thoughts about how to live my life.

A while ago, I came across a facebook account of an acquaintance. I saw most of her travel/work-related pictures. I must say, there are thoughts lurking inside of me: "oh, how I wanted to visit such places too"..."oh how I wanted a job like that of hers too and I want it fast!!..." So I frantically googled job openings without even thinking twice!My!!I'm a mad woman!!?
Before I get so absorbed with my self-centered dreams, I have to literally take myself away from that friend's page and away from the job search site. And God had a way to remind me in a subtle manner through this youtube link posted from a twitter follower. This is a song by kendra.


here is the lyrics of the song:


"Legacy"

I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthly list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred
Just want to hear instead, "Well Done" good and faithful one...



This song hit me big time. Please do not get me wrong. God is not kill joy as many of you thinks He is. He wants to give the best for His children,as in whatever their hearts' desire is (and that includes travels). He just wants it ordered though, at His timing and with the purest of motives:)

I remind myself that I am no longer that impulsive Rizza who loves to do things asap without one-on-on consultation with my Father. I am already a Spirit-filled sanguine by the grace of God. I am a woman who hails from Zion. #declaration

postnote: I still would want to travel(so much!!!) may it be work or mission related. It is my desire to see the beauty of this world, in His time:)
But it is my utmost desire to leave a legacy in this earth in such a way that my King will be glorified. And so I say no to:




and I say yes Lord i will..:


0 comments:

come again!

free hit counter login page
Provided by website-hit-counters.com hit counters.