Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

goodbye to the goofy grappy


my groofy grappy

we said goodbye to him last august 10;(
his death brought the family closer. we may have our own differences but we share a common love for this man. He never fails to bring smiles on our faces especially when there are family gatherings..ah, christmas and new years are his favorite. it is his time to shine! time to show off his dancing antics. he is such a cutie when he dances and sings his all time favorite song..his love song to grandma: "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray. you'll never know dear how much i love you!..."

i remembered singing that song when he was in the intensive care unit holding back tears...indeed, we all have stories to tell of how he shed his ray of light to us:)
the most remarkable to me was when I arrived from davao I hurriedly went to his room and checked his stuff. I saw many of his timeless things(green flashlight who was with him for ages, the alarm clock, batteries,pens, all stuffs in assortment). He so particular with his belongings..In the corner sits his collection of books, most of them bibles in many versions and languages. While I was scanning them, this worn out blue bible caught my attention. it was the most battered and the one he read the most I guess because it had a lot of side notes and marks. as I continue to skim through it, i was surprised to see that He used my baby picture as a bookmark:) :(

The thought that somebody must have interceded for me all this time made me smile.
thank you lolo.i love you po:)

postnote:
*thank you to the icu staff who was very gracious in allowing me to stay even if it is past visiting hours.
**was looking for me and my grappy pictures.asa man to nko na save oi?;(

0 comments:

come again!

free hit counter login page
Provided by website-hit-counters.com hit counters.